People help a man – level 2
A man was getting on a train in Australia when he slipped and his leg wedged in the gap. Passengers moved to one side of the train to transfer weight away from him, but that did not help.
Passengers exited the train and lined up alongside it. They pushed to free the man. Someone called an ambulance to the station, but he was fine.
Difficult words: slip (to lose your balance and fall), wedge (to put something into a narrow space), gap (small, tight space), transfer (move).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you commute?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.