People help a shark – level 1
A shark tries to catch seagulls. He is a great white shark, but he is young. He is two metres long.
He is in shallow water. He gets stuck on the beach. He must get back to the deep water. People help him. They put water on him. They move him back to the sea.
Difficult words: seagull (a medium grey or white bird which lives near the sea), shallow (small; not deep), stuck (to not be able to move).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you help a beached shark?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.