People help a shark – level 2
A shark was trying to catch seagulls on a coast of Massachusetts, USA. A receding tide stranded the young 2-metre great white shark.
People on the beach poured water on the shark until help arrived. People tied a rope to the animal’s tail and it carefully pulled it back to sea.
Difficult words: seagull (a medium-sized grey or white bird which lives near the sea), stranded (to be stuck; unable to move), receding tide (when the water moves away).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you help a beached shark?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.