People help two dolphins – level 2
Two dolphins were probably chasing fish and swam up a river to a lake in Western Australia. People wanted to help the dolphins get back to the sea.
They herded the dolphins. One man even threw himself on the animal to try to catch it. In the end, they placed the dolphins on sheets and transported them into deeper waters. One of the dolphins weighed over 300 kilograms – 10 people lifted it up.
The male dolphins were healthy but tired after swimming in the lake waters. Some people noticed the rescue operation and cheered when the dolphins returned safely to water.
Difficult words: chase (to try to catch), herd (to make move), sheet (a large piece of fabric).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Don't you love it that dolphins always look like they are smiling? :-)
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos