People in Disney Resort – level 3
Last week, Shanghai’s Disney Resort abruptly suspended work to comply with COVID-19 prevention measures. The resort management directed all visitors to stay in the park until they had negative tests for the virus.
The resort shut the main theme park and surrounding areas, including its shopping street. Hundreds of visitors remained inside the park for several hours; they had to wait for their results before they could leave. The theme park continued to run rides for the visitors during the incident.
The enclosure was the latest disruption for the resort; it was shut for over three months during Shanghai’s lockdown earlier this year. The park was also closed for two days in November last year with more than 30,000 visitors inside.
Difficult words: abruptly (suddenly and unexpectedly), comply (to obey a rule), disruption (a situation in which something can’t continue in the normal way).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos