People in Somalia Die of Hunger – level 2
There is a big drought in Somalia. More than a hundred people died during 48 hours. The government called the situation a national disaster.
The United Nations thinks that 5 million people need help. Many people can die because they have no food.
Thousands of people arrived in Somalia’s capital. There were too many. The prime minister of Somalia said that the big drought is now in many areas of the country. The drought affects half of the population.
There were droughts before. The droughts, together with conflicts, left the country weak.
Difficult words: drought (very dry weather), disaster (a terrible situation).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.