People leave the Republican Party – level 2
Ted Cruz and John Kasich suspended their presidential campaigns for the Republican Party in the USA. Donald Trump is now the presumptive nominee for the Republican Party for the presidential candidate.
Members of the party are unhappy about this, and many of them decided to leave the party in protest. Some people burned their membership cards and shared the videos online. Others left the party and shared that information online, as well.
Difficult words: suspend (to stop for some time), presumptive (not definitive, maybe), nominee (a person who is nominated – chosen to be a candidate for a job in power).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.