People like non-fungible tokens – level 3
NFTs are non-fungible tokens, and they became extremely popular in 2021. They are one-of-a-kind items that can’t be replicated and they can be certified as originals.
Artists, musicians, and creators of unusual collectibles are getting crazy rich selling stuff on the Internet. The idea of exclusiveness of being the only one in the world able to claim ownership of a distinct product is the crux upon which the human history of collecting any art rests.
NFT creates a certificate of ownership over a digital file that can be tracked from the person who created it to the one who currently owns it. This has created a boom in the digital arts market, with people spending thousands of dollars on items from a green Homer Simpson trading card to horses that live online, and they exist nowhere in the physical world.
Difficult words: fungible (replaceable by another identical item), exclusiveness (the quality of being very expensive or limited to a particular person or group), the crux upon which something rests (the most important thing that other things depend on).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.