People lose jobs in webinar – level 2
Vishal Garg, the boss of a US mortgage company, held a webinar with 900 of his employees. The webinar was very short, and Garg said that he was firing all of them, which was about 9% of all the employees.
It was a big surprise as they had no idea that they would lose their job just before Christmas. Some of them tried to contact Garg, but it was not possible. Their computer screens went black, and they could not use their company computers. Garg said that somebody would contact them with more information, which did not happen for some of the people.
Some people said that Garg treated them badly. In the past, he emailed some employees and said that they were slow and stupid.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.