People play video games in cinemas – level 1
Finnkino is a Finnish company. It runs cinemas or theaters. Cinemas close because of the coronavirus. Finnkino has an interesting idea.
Finnkino rents screens to people. Groups of people can come. They play video games. They bring their own consoles, games, and controllers. Ten people can be in a group. One session lasts two and a half hours. The price is 280 dollars for one group. It is the price of two cinema tickets.
People can play video games in two cinemas in Helsinki, Finland. Helsinki is the capital city. If people like it, Finnkino will do it in other cities, too.
Difficult words: rent (to let someone use a thing for money, and he must give it back), console (a small device for playing video games), controller (an electric device with which a person operates a machine or another thing).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.