People Rescue a Truck – level 1
A truck is driving along a road near the village of Kutsapo, India. The road is too narrow.
The truck falls 21 meters into a gorge. A gorge is a gap between two hills or mountains. A river usually runs through a gorge. The village officials ask people for help. Many men come. They do not have any machines. They must use ropes. They pull the truck up a steep hill. They sing during the work.
The men are successful. They get the truck back on the road. The driver of the truck does not have any injuries. He is a lucky man.
Difficult words: narrow (a place with not much space to get through it), rope (a thick strong line that people use to climb or pull things), steep (a hill that falls sharply and it is not easy to walk or climb on it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos