People Save a Whale – level 1
In Brazil, a beached whale is laying on a beach. People want to help it. Hundreds of people come. They dig holes to bring water to the whale. They throw buckets of water on it.
Much later on, the high tide comes in. The water goes around the whale. The people help the whale get into deep water.
The whale is young but big. It is 13.8 metres long. It weighs between 10 to 15 tonnes.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.