People Save a Whale – level 3
At Praia Rasa Beach in Brazil, hundreds of people gathered around a beached humpback whale to rescue the mammal. They dug holes to bring the water in and threw buckets of water on it.
After hours of work, the high tide came in and water came up around the whale. The crowd successfully aided the whale to get back into deeper water.
The young whale was 13.8 metres long and weighed between 10 to 15 tonnes.
Difficult words: aid (assist).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos