People touch a dolphin – level 2
Beachgoers in Argentina took a dolphin out of the water. The people touched the animal and they took photos with it.
They did not know that this was bad for the animal. Taking dolphins out of the water can lead to quick dehydration and even death. This dolphin died.
It was a Franciscan dolphin, one of the smallest and rarest types of dolphin in the world. In the wild, there are only 30,000 of these dolphins.
Difficult words: dehydration (having very little water in the body), rare (not common, special), in the wild (not in zoos).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you do if you saw this happen?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.