Petrol Station in Ghana – level 1
In Ghana, it rains a lot. The water floods a petrol station. Petrol and water do not mix. The petrol flows on the surface of the water.
The water carries the petrol. The petrol move far from the petrol station like this. It flows to a fire. The petrol gets on fire.
There is an explosion. More than 90 people die.
Difficult words: flood (to cover with water), flow (to move), surface (the top).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos