Photos of Mars – level 2
In July 2020, a Chinese spacecraft named Tianwen-1 started its mission to Mars. The spacecraft traveled 475 million kilometers, and it finally reached the planet in February 2021.
The spacecraft orbited the planet more than 1,300 times, and it took a lot of images. The images show the whole planet in many details. Some images show the planet’s south pole. Under the pole is almost all of the planet’s water, which is very important for scientists. They believe that life can be there with water there.
Only two countries successfully landed on Mars: the US and China. Just like with the US mission, no crew was on the spacecraft.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.