Pianist plays in the mountains – level 3
Chinese pianist Lang Lang gave a piano performance at Jungfraujoch, the highest railway station in Europe. The artist wished to promote cultural exchanges between China and Europe with music.
At a height of 4,158 meters above the sea, Jungfraujoch is a famous scenic spot and snow sports resort. It is also an important summit of the Bernese Alps in central Switzerland.
Lang said it was the first time he had played the piano on a snowy mountain, and it was a very special experience, despite the challenging low temperature.
Lang’s interpretation of ‘Love dream’, ‘Jasmine flower’, and ‘Goldberg variations’ won warm applause from the audience. Lang specially chose the song ‘Jasmine flower’ in hope the audience would want to learn about Chinese culture through beautiful oriental music.
Difficult words: scenic (beautiful natural surroundings), interpretation (a particular way of performing something), oriental (relating to the countries of East and Southeast Asia).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos