Piano star – level 3
Brigitte Xie is a four-year-old piano prodigy who has won a spot to perform at New York City’s Carnegie Hall.
Brigitte’s father signed her up for online piano classes on Zoom about a year ago when the video conferencing program became a popular way to attend all kinds of classes during the COVID-19 pandemic. He didn’t expect that his daughter would be a prodigy; however, he was happily surprised that it happened.
When she was just three years and two months old, her piano teacher observed Brigitte’s curious mind and love to learn. The teacher said the girl’s big eyes watched her on how she demonstrated and that Brigitte’s concentration was really high.
Brigitte’s feet hang above the floor when the small girl sits on the piano seat, and her hands move quickly across the piano keys. Brigitte can read music, she can play Beethoven’s Sonatina in F major, and she was the youngest winner of the prestigious Elite International Music Competition.
Difficult words: prodigy (a young person with exceptional qualities or abilities), demonstrate (to show), prestigious (respected and admired for its quality).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos