Picasso Portrait on Auction – level 1
A famous painting goes up on auction. It is a portrait by Picasso. The auction is in London. The portrait can cost around $50 million.
The painting is special. It is a portrait of Marie-Thérèse Walter. There is more to the painting. There is a reference to another woman and other paintings.
Difficult words: auction (an event when you can buy something if you pay the highest price), portrait (a picture of a person, especially the face), reference (a connection to something, a message about something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos