Pictures of Pluto – level 3
An animation released on the Internet illustrates the picture quality with which Pluto was photographed over the years.
Starting by a few blurry pixels and ending with a close-up high-res view, the animation shows just how far human understanding of the dwarf planet has come.
Astronomer Clyde William Tombaugh discovered Pluto in 1930, but details of its origins and makeup eluded scientists ever since. The distant world remained a mystery for decades until recently when the New Horizons probe flew past the icy planet. Today’s technology can see structures smaller than a mile.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news about Pluto?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.