Pictures on bubble wrap – level 3
Now, we all love having a bit of fun with bubble wrap, but New York artist Bradley Hart has turned bubble wrap into art.
Yeah, over the past four years, Bradley’s mastered a top secret technique that involves custom-made computer algorithms, syringes and homemade tools.
Bradley says the idea came after an encounter with an overzealous security guard and leftover bubble wrap.
“Oh my God! That’s it! And I know that it’s an idea that wasn’t 100% new, to play with the idea of the cultural trope on whether or not one should touch art because that’s what the art began on. They didn’t start as paintings or the sculptures they’re moving into. It actually began as a sculpture of just a roll of bubble wrap and playing with the idea that should you touch the art or not.”
Bradley will show off his latest work on the 7th of May at Cavaller Galleries in New York.
Difficult words: algorithm (set of instructions for solving a mathematical problem), syringe (instrument for putting liquid in somebody’s body), overzealous (too excited about something), trope (motif).
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.