Piece of a plane is found – level 1
Reunion Island is small. It is in the Indian Ocean. It is 600 kilometres from Madagascar.
Something washes up on the island. It is two-metres long. It is part of a plane. It is from a Boeing 777
This part may be from the lost Malaysia Airlines flight MH370”. The plane got lost in March, 2014. The plane was flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Two hundred and thirty-nine people were on that plane.
Experts look at the part. They may give us some information soon.
Difficult words: wash up (to be moved somewhere by the sea), may (can or cannot), was/were (past of “is”/“are”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think will the piece tell us?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.