Piece of a plane is found – level 2
Reunion Island is a small island about 600 kilometres east of Madagascar. A two-metre piece of debris washed up on the island. Experts say that it looks like a wing component from a Boeing 777.
We do not yet know if the piece of debris is from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, but no other Boeing 777 disappeared in the area. French and Malaysian experts are investigating the piece which may give us some information.
The Malaysian Airlines plane was travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. This journey normally takes six hours, but the plane lost connection with the ground and disappeared.
Difficult words: debris the (broken parts of something), component (a part), disappear (when people cannot find a person or a thing).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think will the piece tell us?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.