Pig Helps People Fly – level 3
Bacon Bits is a two-year-old pot-bellied pig that works at Albany International Airport, USA, as an animal ambassador. Nervous travellers can pet him and feel at ease.
As he weighs 46 kilograms, there is a lot of him to go around! This is good as he appears to be a big success!
Bacon Bits joins the dogs that are part of the canine ambassador programme.
Difficult words: Bacon Bits (dried up bacon that is in a shaker; bacon is made out of pig meat), pot-bellied (someone with a large stomach), ambassador (someone who helps communicate with others), feel at ease (feel calm), a lot of someone to go around (when someone is large or fat), canine (dog).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos