Pigs with Masks – level 2
Czech people believe that if they do not drink or eat before the Christmas Eve dinner, they will see a golden pig.
A Czech company makes Christmas ornaments. It is a tradition to make ornaments that look like golden pigs. Every year, ornament makers make golden piglet decorations in white, gold, and pink. They usually add flowers and bows, but this year, the pigs look different.
According to the owner of the company, ornament makers wanted to react to the current situation. Therefore, they added face masks. Golden piglets in masks immediately became a big hit, and ornament makers are now making nothing else apart from the piglets.
Difficult words: ornament maker (a person whose job is to make Christmas ornaments that people hang on a Christmas tree), bow (when you tie shoelaces or a ribbon together), piglet (a baby pig).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos