Pizza in Prison – level 3
As part of a programme called ‘Recipe for Change’ run by Chicago chef Bruno Abate, inmates in a prison in the USA can make and enjoy pizzas.
The chef thinks that it is all people’s responsibility to do something for the community or to save other people’s lives. The plan now is to sell the pizzas from a food truck outside the prison.
One pizza costs $7 and people make around 200 pizzas a week.
Difficult words: recipe (a text that tells you how to make food; directions on how how to do something), inmate (a person in jail).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos