Pizza-Making Record – level 1
Four hundred chefs in Buenos Aires, Argentina, come together. They want to set a new world record. It is the record for the most pizzas made in 12 hours.
They use 3 tonnes of flour, 2.7 tonnes of cheese and 88,000 olives. They have 14 very big ovens. These ovens make six pizzas a minute.
In the end, the chefs set a new world record. They make 11,287 pizzas.
Difficult words: chefs (a professional cook), flour (a white material, which looks like sand, and is used for making pizza or bread), oven (a machine which gets hot to bake/make a pizza or other food).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.