Plan to Kill – level 1
A man in California sends dangerous messages to his employer. He wants to kill people in a company. The man works in this company.
Police follow the man in a car. He drives very fast. He wants to escape the police. The police catch the man and arrest him. They search his house. They find many bullets and guns in his house.
The man is 32 years old. He has problems with police in the past. He drinks alcohol and drives a car. He also has problems with guns. He breaks a gun law.
Difficult words: employer (the boss or the company that somebody works for), bullet (an object that a gun shoots), gun law (rules about how to use and keep guns).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos