Plane Crash in Colombia – level 2
Seventy-two passengers and 9 crew were on a flight from Brazil to Colombia. Some of the passengers were members of the Chapecoense Football Team. They were going to Medellin.
The plane crashed and 76 people died. Amazingly, there were a few survivors, two of them being members of the club.
The small club is from Chapelco in Brazil, and this was the first time that it reached the final of a major South American club competition.
People are shocked by the tragedy. Real Madrid had a minute’s silence for the people who died in the crash.
Difficult words: reach (if you reach something, you get there), major (important), competition (a game).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos