Plane Crash in Cuba – level 2
A plane in Cuba crashed soon after take-off while it was flying from the capital of Havana to Holguín, which is in the south of Cuba.
People found the wreckage 20 kilometres off Havana. Including 11 foreigners, 110 people died in the crash. Only three women survived, but they have serious burns and their condition is critical.
People do not yet know the cause of the crash. People found one of the two black boxes from the plane.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.