Plane crash in Tokyo – level 3
Three people have died in the Japanese capital Tokyo after a small plane crashed in a densely populated suburb of the city. Local news reports say the plane came down shortly after taking off from Chofu Airport, located just a third of a mile away, at around 11 a.m. local time this morning.
It’s reported that the crash killed two men who were inside the plane when it went down and one woman who was in one of the houses. The fire department said at least two others have been injured, and at least three houses and two cars were set ablaze by the crash.
Difficult words: densely (a lot), suburb (a city area where people have houses), ablaze (on fire).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.