Plane crashed in Taipei – level 1
This news is from Taiwan. A plane takes off. There are 58 people on the plane. The plane has problems. Its wing hits a road.
A car is on the road. People in the car have a camera. The camera films the accident.
The plane then crashes into a river. Nineteen people die. The crash injures fifteen people. Now twenty-four people are missing.
Difficult words: take off (to get in the air), wing (a plane has two wings – they are two flat parts on the left and right), to be missing (we don’t know where they are, or if they are alive).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this accident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.