Plane crashes in England – level 1
This news is from England. There is an air show. A pilot flies a military plane. This plane is old.
The pilot wants to do a trick. This trick is called the “loop the loop”. In this trick, the plane makes a circle in the air.
The pilot does this, but the engine stops. This is a big problem. The plane goes down. It crashes on a road. It explodes. Seven people die.
Difficult words: military (for war), engine (a part of the plane which makes it move; it is also in your car).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this accident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.