Plane Crashes in Indonesian Sea – level 1
A pilot is flying a plane in Jakarta, Indonesia. The pilot asks the airport to return the plane to the ground. Then the airport loses contact with the plane. The plane crashes in the sea. All 189 people on the plane die.
People are looking for survivors. There are divers and boats with sonar. They only find dead people and their things. People still do not know why the plane crashed.
Difficult words: survivor (someone who lives through a difficult situation), diver (a person who dives – swims deep under the water), sonar (a special piece of technology which uses sound so people can see under the water), crashed (past of ‘crash’ – fall down or into something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos