Plane Crashes in Indonesian Sea – level 2
In Jakarta, Indonesia, a pilot was flying a plane. He asked to return to the airport, but 13 minutes later, the airport lost contact with the plane. People discovered that the plane had crashed in the sea, and all 189 people on board died.
People are looking for survivors, but they have found only human remains and personal items. Divers are looking along the seabed, and ships are using sonar to search the crash. The cause of the crash is still unknown.
Difficult words: remains (small parts of a body), item (a thing), seabed (the ground of the ocean), sonar (using sound to measure things under the water).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos