Plane crashes into a house – level 3
A small plane has crashed into a house in Colorado, causing no injuries.
It’s thought that only the pilot was on board and no one was at home at the time of the crash. Firefighters were called to the house in Northglenn some 12 miles north of Denver after the plane crashed into the front of the two-storey property through the roof, causing extensive damage.
Witnesses have reportedly said the plane was struggling to stay in the air and the pilot walked away unharmed from the crash. He was later taken to a local hospital.
The cause of the crash is being investigated.
Difficult words: extensive (large), reportedly (according to what some people say), struggle (to try very hard).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos