Plane Crashes on Beach – level 3
In Portugal, a light plane crash landed on a busy beach and killed a 56-year-old man and an eight-year-old girl. The plane wobbled as it landed, apparently due to a partly broken left wing. The two victims died instantly and sunbathers ran from the plane into the sea.
One witness said that more people were not hit because they saw the plane coming and moved away in time, and it was lucky that more people were not killed. The police are now questioning the two occupants of the plane, who were not hurt.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.