Plane drops fish – level 2
Utah authorities released a very interesting video. In the video, workers loaded fish onto a plane, and then, the plane flew to a lake. When the plane was flying just above the lake, it dropped the fish in the water below.
Utah and other US states put fish into lakes for many years, but then the method changed. In the past, fish traveled in milk cans, and horses took them to the right place. Today´s method is quicker, cheaper, and experts say that it is less stressful for the fish.
The fish end up in lakes where there are no other fish, which means that they cannot have a negative impact on other fish populations. Experts said that most fish survived the drop without injury.
Difficult words: method (a way of doing something), population (a large group of people or animals who live in the same place), survive (to continue to live after something dangerous or difficult happens).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.