Plane needs a parachute – level 2
A plane in Australia got in trouble. The pilot activated the parachute at 4,000 feet (1.2 kilometres).
Someone caught the incident on camera. It showed the aircraft slowly lowering to the ground. It landed in the front garden of a home.
All four people on board escaped without serious injury. Authorities launched an investigation. They want to know the cause of this accident.
Difficult words: injury (damage to the body), authorities (people who have power), launch (to start something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever seen a plane crash?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.