Plane needs a parachute – level 3
A light plane is forced to deploy a parachute after running into trouble over Australia’s Blue Mountains.
The incident, which was caught on camera, shows the aircraft being slowly lowered to the ground before it landed in the front garden of a home on Saturday.
According to reports, the pilot activated the parachute at around 4,000 feet (1.2 kilometres), with all four people on board escaping without serious injury. Authorities have now launched an investigation into the exact cause of the accident.
Difficult words: deploy (release and use).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.