Plane on fire – level 2
A British Airways plane experienced a technical problem when it was preparing for take-off at Las Vegas Airport. Its left engine caught fire.
All 172 people had to be evacuated. Fourteen people went to hospital. Others were injured a little when they were sliding down the emergency slides.
Later, firefighters put out the fire in a dangerous incident that thankfully wasn’t a lot worse. The plane was going to fly to London.
Difficult words: experience (to have something happen to you), technical (a mechanical or electrical issue), put out (to stop a fire).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this incident with this plane?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.