Plane over a canal – level 2
A 57 year-old daredevil pilot flew over a canal in Greece. He performed dramatic manoeuvres and risky tricks.
The canal was 6.4 kilometres long and more than 21 metres wide. The man’s plane had a wingspan of 8 metres. There was not much space left for the plane.
After crossing the canal, the pilot flew under a bridge, and performed amazing loops around the bridge.
Difficult words: daredevil (person who likes doing dangerous things), wingspan (size of both wings), loop (flying in a circle).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like dangerous situations?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos