Planned Hospital Attack – level 1
US officials kill a man. The man is 36 years old. The officials believe that the man is very dangerous. The man plans to attack a hospital in Kansas City, Missouri. He wants to make an explosion at the hospital. He plans to kill a lot of people.
The officials investigate the man for many months. They think that he has very extreme ideas. The man does not agree with the US government. He is a racist. He does not like people who have different religions.
The man thinks of different targets. However, he decides to attack a hospital. It is an important place with many people.
Difficult words: extreme (very bad), racist (when somebody does not like people who look different than he does), target (a person or a place that somebody chooses to attack).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos