Plastic Bags and Coronavirus – level 2
Some US states banned single-use plastic bags in stores. However, they are changing their rules now because of the coronavirus. A lot of people are using reusable shopping bags, which could help spread the coronavirus.
San Francisco was one of the first cities in the US that banned plastic bags. Now, the city introduced new rules. Customers cannot bring their own bags or mugs to stores.
Authorities recommend that customers keep a six-foot distance from others when they are in the store. It is also important to wear a face mask and to clean the shopping cart with wet wipes. When people come home, it is necessary to wash their hands.
Difficult words: single-use (when people use something only once, and then they throw it away), reusable (when people can use something more than once), shopping cart (a basket on wheels that people use in supermarkets).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.