Plastic in food – level 2
British researchers found that when you eat the traditional roast Christmas dinner, 230,000 pieces of microplastics come into your body.
Researchers cooked two roast chicken dinners and they compared the results. They cooked one dinner from ingredients wrapped in plastic, while the other dinner came in no plastic. The first dinner contained seven times more microplastics. Researchers found that if we ate this dinner every day, we would eat 10 grams of plastic. This amount is enough to make two plastic bags.
Many people believe that if they eat no fish, then they won’t eat microplastics. This is no longer true because more microplastics are in the ground than in the oceans.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.