PlayStation 5 – level 1
Sony is a Japanese company. The company has a new product. Sony starts to sell the PlayStation 5 last week. It costs $500.
PlayStation is a gaming console. People use it to play video games. Sony makes the PlayStation 4 in 2013. Sony sells 113 million pieces of the PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 changes the world of video games.
Sony hopes that the PlayStation 5 will bring the company a lot of money, too. Many people start to play video games during the coronavirus pandemic.
But the company Microsoft has a new gaming console, too. It is the Xbox. Some people like the Xbox, and some people like the PlayStation. Many people say that the Xbox looks nicer. But the PlayStation has a better controller.
Difficult words: product (something that a company makes and people buy it), gaming console (a device that looks like a box and people use it to play video games), controller (a device with buttons that a player holds in his hands and he plays a video game with it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos