PlayStation 5 – level 3
Sony’s PlayStation 5 video game console went on sale last week, and the company hopes that it will bring a long-term income.
It is a key test for the Japanese company’s ability to sustain its biggest growth engine during the coronavirus pandemic gaming boom. It goes head-to-head with Microsoft’s next-generation Xbox with both consoles having seen high pre-order sales. The previous console, PlayStation, 4 sold 113 million units since 2013, and it transformed gaming into the biggest part of Sony’s business.
The new console is selling for $500 and it matches the price of the Xbox. The most impressive aspect of the gadget is not the eye-catching design but the controller which can deliver a wide range of vibrations that simulate different tactile sensations.
Difficult words: console (a device that is used to play video games), sustain (to continue), growth engine (a mechanism that enables business growth), simulate (to be like something else), tactile sensation (a feeling that is sensed through touching).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.