Polar bear triplets in Holland – level 2
A polar bear gave birth to rare polar bear triplets at a wildlife park in Holland. The little ones appear to be in good health. They are active and big enough to survive.
The cubs are with their mother inside their den, which is made of snow. People from the park cannot enter the den or do anything. They can only watch the family with a camera.
The next few weeks are going to be hard for the cubs. Not all polar bears make it through their first winter.
Difficult words: triplets (three animals which are born at the same time), cub (a young bear), den (a wild animal’s hidden home).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.