Police car hits a car – level 1
This happens on a motorway in England. A car goes the wrong way. This is a dangerous situation. The police must do something.
The driver of the car is an old man. He is 77 years old. He has dementia. Police decide to stop his car. They stop it by hitting it with their car.
The manoeuvre is a success. The car stops. The old man is not injured. One policeman is injured a little.
Difficult words: dementia (illness of the brain and memory that tends to happen to older people), manoeuvre (special way to move something), be a success (go well).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you agree with the move of the police?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos