Police car is hit – level 3
This video footage showing two police vehicles being rammed has been released by Essex Police, as part of an appeal to find a man wanted in connection with a significant number of burglaries across East Anglia.
The offences at properties in Essex, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Hertfordshire, Kent and Norfolk involved cars and other valuables worth more than £500,000 being taken.
The vehicles in these ramming incidents are believed to be used by the same person, who is missing after breaching Crown Court bail conditions.
The CCTV footage shows a marked police motorcycle being rammed, injuring the officer, on the M11 in Cambridgeshire.
And a marked police car also being rammed on the M25 in Hertfordshire.
Anyone with any information on the burglaries in question is asked to contact Essex Police.
Difficult words: footage (video), ram (hit), appeal (request), significant (large), breach (breaking the law), Crown Court (court which deals with serious crimes), bail (release of somebody who might have committed a crime).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos